Circular saws are a handyman’s best friend. You can set the right length of wood, cut out different shapes, and cut through a lot of different wood. Circular saws vary in size, motor power, amps, and use a variety of blades.
You can find a circular saw online or in hardware stores, giving you plenty of options to consider. Prices also vary, depending on the circular saw, so you will have to consider that as well.
Owning a circular saw will make any home improvement project easier and allow you to complete those projects faster. It’s one of the best tools you can own.
If you’re in the market for a circular saw, you will need to do some homework. If you’re looking at a simple home project, or taking on a contractor position, you’ll need to find the right saw for your needs.
Not only is the type of saw important, you will want to make sure the blades are sharp for maximum performance. If you have a saw that isn’t working right for you, make sure the blades and motor are in top working order.
If you just want to upgrade your circular saw, there are some things you will want to consider before making any purchases.
Recommended Product Reviews
1. DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw, Tool Only
The powerful motor is ideal for anyone looking to cut through hardwood. You will get the power and speed you need to finish any project quickly and efficiently.
If you are cutting through crosscut hardwood, the motor will work. It operates at 5250 RPM, so cutting any wood will feel like butter.
The lightweight magnesium shoe allows you to maneuver through the wood to cut your ideal shape. It allows you to have a long-term cutting accuracy to finish any project quickly and efficiently.
The rubber grip ensures you won’t drop the saw while you’re cutting through the wood.
Carbide Tipped Blade
The carbide tipped blade rips through double the material at a higher velocity than other circular saws. The tough blades allow you to cut through the toughest material to give you a clean edge.
They’re the best blades to use for any job site or home project. The blades are what make the saw so powerful and easy to use.
- Powerful motor that cuts through any material
- Multiple uses available with the saw
- Highly powered
- It is lightweight to carry from site to site
- The rubber grip offers comfort and balance
- The saw has maximum control for excellent accuracy
- Cut through multiple layers of material with the saw
2. Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw
The compact saw is multi-functional and provides a lot of different uses for any handyman.
It will cut through a variety of materials quickly and accurately to get the perfect edge you want. It is powerful and small enough to carry around with you.
If you have a lot of different job sites or want to work in different areas of your home, this is the ideal saw.
Laser guide Indicator
The laser guide indicator provides accurate cuts through any material. The depth indicator helps you out to make a quick and precise adjustment through the wood.
You’ll get a clean and accurate cut if you use the laser guiding system to make any edge sharp and straight. You can get rid of the ruler and marker for your cuts.
The design was created to create a natural and comfortable feel while you’re using the saw. The grip allows you to have more control over the saw to give you an accurate cut.
The lightweight design is perfect for maneuvering to cut through the wood precisely as you need it.
- Powerful and multi-functional saw
- Ultra-compact for easy storage and carrying
- Cuts through different materials
- Lightweight and balanced for precision
- Cuts through tough material, such as tile
- Laser indicator gives you guidance to ensure your cuts are on point
3.Skil 5480-01 13 Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Kit
Thanks to the ball bearing motor construction, this saw will last you a long time. The durability is better than other saws, thanks to the durable construction.
The quality materials in the saw ensure you won’t need another saw in the near future. The ball bearings help keep the motor running smoothly to prevent any breakdowns inside.
Line of Sight
The two-point line of sight gives you the ability to get an accurate cut through any material. It narrows your focus so you can keep an eye on where you’re cutting through the material.
It’s an excellent way to keep your precision in check if you’re cutting across tough materials.
The larger foot guarantees more stability through each cut and your hand won’t wobble as you’re cutting. The control is better than previous models,
so you know each cut is sharp and straight. The foot is twenty percent larger than other models to give you a comfortable grip on the saw.
- Rear lever depth adjustment for accurate cuts
- Larger foot for more stability and control through any material
- Two-point line of sight gives you accurate cuts each time
- Durable ball bearing motor provides a long life for the saw
- Cuts through tough material with ease
4.Rockwell RK3441K Compact Circular Saw Kit
If you want a saw that is compact and easy to handle, look no further. The portability of the saw allows you to take it anywhere you go to finish any project.
You’ll get the maximum control and maneuverability that other saws fail to live up to with their designs. It’s so compact, you only need one hand to guide it.
The thinner blade is smaller than other saws, which provides excellent cutting ability. The blade has increased cutting speed and performance to cut through tough materials. The blades are durable and spin faster than bigger blades to cut quickly and efficiently.
Easy to use
The depth-gauge is easy to use and set to your desired depth. You won’t spend a lot of time fussing with the controls as you measure your desired depth. It will cut through multiple layers to make work easier and faster than with other saws.
- Lightweight design is perfect for carrying around
- The thinner blade creates less tool strain
- The compact design allows you to have full control
- It is easy to setup and use to cut any material
- Cuts up to two inches of material for quick work
- Portable to store it anywhere
- Motor runs at five amps to give you extra power
5. DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw with Electric Brake
Easy to use
The saw is easy enough to use with one hand. It will work on tough applications to finish any project with ease.
You won’t have to worry about the saw getting caught up while you’re cutting materials. It’s an excellent saw to finish your projects thoroughly and quickly.
The electric brake is an ideal safety feature you will be thankful for when you need it. Many saws don’t have any braking features, so the electric brake will prevent any injuries. The electric brake is perfect for everyone that may need the extra safety feature for their work.
The lightweight and compact design allows you to use the saw with one hand. You can hold your cutting materials with one hand while using the saw with the other. The electric brake is perfect for one-handed use, and since it is lightweight, you can carry it around with you.
- Strong enough to cut through any tough materials
- Includes a blade wrench and contractor bag
- The electric brake automatically stops the blades motions
- Integrated dust blower keeps debris out of the way of the blades
- Lightweight and compact for easy carrying
- The fifteen-amp motor provides a quick and efficient cut every time
6. SKIL 5680-02 15 Amp 7-1/4-Inch SKILSAW Circular Saw with Laser
The laser cutline guide is the best way to get a perfect, straight edge. You can set the laser to ensure all your cuts are perfect.
You can get rid of your ruler and know that you’re getting the best cut every time with the laser guide. You’ll be happy with the laser guiding your cuts through the wood.
The power indicator will let you know when the saw is turned on. You won’t have to guess and risk injury if you know if the saw is on or not. If you set the saw down for any reason, you can make sure it is turned off. You don’t want to hurt yourself because of laziness.
The safety lock is perfect for storing the saw away. The guarded trigger prevents any accidental starts so you don’t injure yourself by being careless. If you want the maximum amount of safety, this is the ideal saw for you. Besides the safety lock, it will help reduce any possibility of injury while you’re working.
- Laser cutline guide gives you the best and most accurate cuts
- You will know when the saw is one with the indicator light
- Wide foot plate allows complete stability and control
- The safety lock won’t let it start until you’re ready
7. DEWALT DCS570B 7 1/4 Cordless Circular Saw
The lightweight design allows you to carry it easily between job sites to get work finished.
The magnesium construction cuts down on the heavy metals used in other saws. You won’t throw out your arm while you’re carrying the saw around. The lighter weight gives you optimal handling for cutting.
The footplate is cast magnesium, which gives it a long life that other saws envy. The footplate gives you a tough and a solid platform to cut through any material without shaking around too much. You won’t break the footplate which means you’ll have the saw for a long time.
The tough cord protection system was designed to keep your cord working perfectly. The cord jerk protection is ideal for cutting any wood without the fear of the cord getting in the way. You can put your worries aside with the protection system so you don’t accidentally cut through the cord.
- Extra wide saw hook allows you to cut through large materials
- It is durable and will last you a long time
- It’s lightweight enough to carry with one hand
- The cutting platform will keep your cuts accurate and straight
- The tough cord protection system keeps your cord from jerking around
- Get straight and precise cuts with the saw
8. Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
The 15-amp motor is the best way to cut through tough materials with ease.
You will be better off using the compressed winding technology to complete any task. The saw is compact and will deliver a powerful performance to help you with any project. It’s the best saw for tough jobs.
The magnesium components make the saw lightweight so you can carry it around with ease. It’s well-balanced and is perfect for any job. You have complete control with the saw to make a perfect cut every time. The lightweight design is ideal for anyone who wants to use one hand for cutting.
Oil Bath Technology
The oil bath technology has a built-in fan to keep the saw cool while you’re using it. The sealed gear housing gives the blades 100 percent oil surface coating so you’re not spending time with maintenance. If you don’t like having to spend time keeping your tools in working order, this saw is for you.
- Powerful motor delivers an excellent cut through tough material
- Retractable hook allows you to keep it near you at all times
- The high quality hypoid steel gears are durable to last you a long time
- Easy to make quick adjustments with one hand
- Excellent control with a rubber grip to hold on to the handle
9. Makita 5007MGA Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake
The lightweight design has magnesium components to make it easy to carry around. You’ll have optimal control with the saw, giving you the perfect balance. It is ideal for use on any job site to complete large projects. Your arms will thank you for getting a lightweight saw.
The 15-amp motor is ideal for cutting through any hardwoods or tough material. The blades run at a high RPM’s to deliver maximum performance with the powerful motor. The saw is durable enough to last through multiple projects and complete them quicker than other saws.
The LED lights illuminate your line of cut to increase the accuracy. All your edges will be sharp and straight with the lights. Nobody likes having to guess if they’re making a straight cut. You will be happy with the LED lights guiding your hands to make the perfect cut.
- Powerful motor delivers plenty of torque to cut through tough material
- The magnesium components make the saw lighter than other saws
- Easy to make quick adjustments with one hand
- The settings are large to read the numbers and ruler markings
- Two LED lights help guide your cuts for perfect accuracy
- The comfortable grip allows you to hold the saw with ease
10. Bosch CS5 120-Volt 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
The enhanced features include a better line of sight to make all your cuts straight and even. The power is better than other models of the saw.
The durability of the saw will guarantee you’ll use the saw for a long time. It’s better than the previous models of the saw.
The left-blade design is ideal for using your right hand to cut through any material. You’ll have a better line of sight with the left-blade setting away from you. The design gives you more control and accuracy since you’ll see where you’re cutting. It’s a unique feature for any saw.
The lower guard utilizes an anti-snag design to make sure the saw doesn’t get caught in any material. The anti-snag feature is ideal for getting a smooth cut through any material so your edges are straight. You’ll be happy with the anti-snag feature if you’re cutting through tough material.
- Powerful motor delivers plenty of torque for cutting
- The anti-snag lower guard lets your cut through material easily
- The left-blade design is ideal for any right-handed user
- The line of sight allows you to cut straight
- The power the saw delivers uses 15 amps to cut through tough material
- The durability is better than other saws in the same class
How to Choose the Best Circular Saw
There are several styles of circular saws available for you to consider. The worm drive is ideal for right handed people because the way the saw and motor sits.
A sidewinder is more maneuverable and has a lot of torque. A small sidewinder is just like the regular sidewinder, only smaller. A cordless saw is ideal for working in different areas.
A trim saw is ideal for finishing projects. You will want to consider what projects you need to complete to find the right saw for you. Depending on your projects and preferences, the styles are important to your decision.
Ease of use
You want a circular saw that is easy to use and has easy adjustment settings. Saws that are difficult to maneuver or adjust will cause you problems as you try to complete your projects.
Knobs that are easy to turn will help you out because you can use one hand to tighten or loosen them. If you have a saw that is difficult for you to use, it will take you longer to complete a project.
You need to consider a saw that makes things easier, not harder. Take consideration of how you plan on using the saws.
Safety is the most important thing you need to consider when purchasing a saw. You can find a saw that has the best safety features to protect you and anyone around you.
Any safety feature should be considered included kickback preventions and a shield to stop flying wood. Eyewear should also be worn while you’re using the circular saws.You should also wear gloves that will prevent splinters.
Safety should be a priority, and the more safety features a saw has, the better off you’ll be.If you’re unsure about the safety features, you can read the manuals and find other information
If you want one of the best circular saws on the market, it will set you back quite a bit of money. If you can find a circular saw that has the best balance and maneuverability for you, it should be worth the price.
If you can afford a better saw for you at a higher price, it will save you money in the long run. You can find saws that have a higher output of power.
If you can find a saw that will work for you and have all the features you need, you can justify the extra money you put into the saw.
For any home project or working a construction job, having the right tools will help you complete any task. A circular saw is a necessity when it comes to construction work, especially if you’re cutting wood or any material.
The circular saw ensures you have all your cuts straight and accurate. While there are plenty of options available, there is some research that needs to be done before purchasing a circular saw. Looking at the price, durability, the types of use are some key features you need to consider before purchasing one.
This guide and review should shed some light on what circular saws are capable of when it comes to completing a project.Out of the ten in this guide, I recommend the Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw. It has a lot to offer to anyone looking at improving their home or working on a construction site.
The oil bath technology is ideal for cutting through wood quickly and accurately. It is the ideal saw for any contractor or home improver because it is durable enough to last you a long time. The lightweight design is ideal for anyone who needs to move around different areas to finish a task.