Maybe you're looking to save space in your shop by getting your miter saw off of your workbench. Maybe you're a contractor who needs a saw that can go anywhere your job takes you. Either way, a good miter saw stand can make life so much easier for you. We've compiled a list of the best miter saw stands on the market to help you choose the right stand for you.
Jump To A Section
- Product FAQ
- How We Reviewed
- Overall Price Range
- What We Reviewed
- Bosch Portable Gravity-Rise Wheeled Miter Saw Stand T4B
- DEWALT DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- BORA Portamate PM-4000
- Toughbuilt TB-S600 10' Gravity Miter Saw Stand
- HICO UWC4000 Compact Folding Miter Saw Stand
- Ridgid AC9946 Mobile Miter Saw Stand
- Craftsman Universal Miter Saw Stand
- Hitachi UU240F Heavy-Duty Miter Saw Stand
- Makita WST06 compact Folding Miter Saw Stand
- Milwaukee 48-08-0550 Miter Saw Stand
- The Verdict
1. What Is a Miter Saw Stand?
It's all in the name. A good miter saw stand will offer balanced support for not just your saw, but your building materials as well.
2. What Are the Different Types of Miter Saw Stands?
There are several types of miter saw stands, but the biggest difference is going to be portability. Some stands have wheels that make traversing terrain easier, while others are meant to be set up where you want them for the day and taken down when you're done. Which works best for you is likely determined by the type of work you're doing, and the amount of travel you'll need to be done on the job site.
3. What Size Miter Saw Stand Do I Need?
It's always a good idea to check the size of your saw for accuracy, but there are generally two options for the miter saw base size: 10 inches and 12 inches. All of the stands that we've chosen are capable of fitting nearly all miter saws, but again, you'll want to do your measurements to make sure.
4. How Will This Review Help Me Choose the Best Miter Saw Stand?
We chose our favorites and have them listed here for you. Even if you do not end up purchasing one of these models, it is helpful to know what features are available when making your comparisons. This is the first stop on your journey to making your life easier by finding the best miter saw stand for you.
How We Reviewed
Image source: unsplash
We came up with this list of the best miter saw stand by doing extensive product research. A couple of us here are in the construction industry, and we actually use miter saws on a weekly basis, and we know what we're looking for in a stand for our saws. We take this knowledge with us when we scour manufacturer's sites for specs and compare our notes with that of independent consumer rating websites. We look at the price in comparison to features and benefits. We look at the ease of buying versus easy or maintaining. We listen to people just like you who have first-hand experience with these products so that we know we are getting accurate information, and then we compile our list and rank the products accordingly.
Overall Price Range
For a miter saw stand, you can expect to spend as little as $75 or as much as about $400. The differences are going to be the weight capacity, the portability, and the ease of setup. You may not need to spend all $400 to get everything you want, but you may not find what you need at the $75 mark. We've included a wide variety here to show you the best of the best at any price point.
What We Reviewed
Image source: unsplash
Bosch Portable Gravity-Rise Wheeled Miter Saw Stand T4B
- ADJUSTABLE: Featuring a Bosch-exclusive, patented Gravity Rise System designed for rapid set up and easy breakdown, taking the toughest jobs to the next level
- CAPACITY: The Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter Saw Stand has up to 18 feet of material capacity, the highest capacity among fully portable units
- PORTABLE: Built with 8-Inch pneumatic wheels for ease of transport over jobsite terrain with even the heaviest miter saws attached
- UNIVERSAL: Featuring Rapid Release tool mounts - for use with most major competitors' miter saws. Adjustable out feed -up to 12 inch in height
- DURABLE: Equipped with adjustable leveling feet for stability and durability on uneven surfaces. Material - Steel
This Bosch model is certainly a top contender for the best miter saw stand. It features their patented Gravity Rise System, making for quick set up and breakdowns. The capacity for this stand allows for up to 18 feet of material, which is the absolute limit, and the highest among portable units like this one. Speaking of portability, this Bosch has 8-inch pneumatic wheels that make traversing job site terrain a breeze with even the heaviest saws attached.
1-year manufacturer warranty with a 30-day money back guarantee.
DEWALT DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- Dimensions: Extended Tool - 32.5" H x 98" W | Folded Tool - 17" H x 59.5" W | Weight: 67 lb
- Wide adjustable infeed and outfeed work supports provide up to 8' of material support
- Easily adjustable mounting rails adapt to nearly any miter saw
- Wide rubber grip wheels provide easy jobsite mobility
- Three-position pneumatic assisted raising and lowering for the ultimate in flexibility and ease of set up
Next on the list for the best miter saw stand is this Dewalt model. It isn't quite as heavy as the Bosch sitting at number one, making it easier to maneuver for some. It still holds up to 8 feet of material support and easily adjusts to fit almost any miter saw. The wide rubber wheels make for easy job site mobility, and the pneumatic assisted raising and lowering offer great flexibility for set up and breakdown. The weight capacity for this stand is more than enough at 300 pounds.
3 year limited warranty
BORA Portamate PM-4000
- A cut above - The Bora Portamate PM-4000 is the best, most practical, hassle-free stand you’ll find for miter saws or chop saws. Constructed of tubular steel with a powder-coated finish, This rugged yet lightweight saw stand can support up to 500 lbs. And is compatible with Miter saws up to 12 inches, including compound sliding saws.
- Cut out for convenience - setup is quick and simple, as the folding legs swing Under the center portion and are secured by pins that snap into position. Stand folds up for easy transport, storage and carrying from your vehicle to the worksite. Folded size is 43. 5" W x 20" D x 6. 5" H and Weighs only 30 lbs. Without a saw.
- Switch gears & mount add tools - quick-attach saw mounts allow for easy mounting of your saw, as well as other tools which you can switch around, set up and take down quickly – hardware is included. Additional mount sets sold separately offer a wider variety of tools that you can use with your PM-4000 stand.
- Makes the cut – our PM-4000 saw stand was specially designed to provide the ideal ergonomic working height of 36 inches, so professional contractors and day's can work safely and comfortably while making cuts with absolute precision and secure stability.
- Any way you cut it – Buy with confidence knowing that you are backed by our 1-year . If for any reason, you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, let US know, and we'll make it right.
It may not have wheels, but the sleek design and ultra folding ability of the Bora model makes it a top contender for the best miter saw stand. It can hold more weight than the Dewalt model can, and it costs less than a third of what the Bosch model runs for. Sure, it's a no frills, does what it says it'll do, don't expect anything fancy miter stand, but for around $100, what more can you ask for? This is a solid unit that will allow you to mount nearly any miter saw, as well as boasting that it can handle just about any type of saw you'd like to mount. Check the product specs before you buy if you have more than one type of saw you'd like to get up off the ground.
1 year limited warranty
Toughbuilt TB-S600 10' Gravity Miter Saw Stand
- ✔️ UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE - with most brands of miter saws
- ✔️ 10FT MATERIAL SUPPORT WITH EXTENSION - the widest of any "gravity" miter saw stand
- ✔️ FOLDS EFFORTLESSLY - with or without saw attached for easy transport
- ✔️ FOOT PEDAL LOCK RELEASE - keeps your hands free
- ✔️ HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION - provides strength and support
Compatible with most miter saws, this Toughbuilt offers the widest support for your longest boards. The quick release tool mounts allow the saw to be taken off the stand easily. The box tube frame gives excellent strength and stability, and the solid rubber tires with their steel hubs make for easy transport across the job site. Additional features for this model include a spare parts tray and a single-handed use cam lock. This is definitely one of the best miter saw stands on the market.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
HICO UWC4000 Compact Folding Miter Saw Stand
No products found.
This is another ultra-compact miter saw stand that will hold just about any saw you'd like. The quick attach mounts allow for easy setup and fast takedown, and the anti-slip leg pads offer increased stand stability. This unit is only 23 pounds, but the strength of the stand with withstand up to 500-pound capacity.
1 year limited warranty
Ridgid AC9946 Mobile Miter Saw Stand
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
Larger wheels on this model make it a great candidate for the best miter saw stand. 12-inch wheels make for easier lifting up stairs and over rough terrain. As with all of the models reviewed, this unit's brackets will fit nearly any miter saw on the market, and this stand will support up to 300 pounds of weight.
Lifetime parts and service when registered within 90 days of purchase.
Craftsman Universal Miter Saw Stand
This is the best miter saw stand if you need that ultra-compact design but also need to be able to cut longer pieces. The support arms extend all the way up to 80 inches to accommodate any length you need.
Sears makes finding the specific warranty a bit of a pain, but they generally offer a 1-year limited warranty for these types of tools. We recommend asking your salesperson before purchasing.
Hitachi UU240F Heavy-Duty Miter Saw Stand
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Heavy-duty steel construction can support up to 400 lbs. Compatible With: Height Maximum 34-29/32 inches
- Material support extensions (extend 8') for supporting longer material
- Accepts up to a 12" sliding compound miter saw for ultimate flexibility
- Tool-less height adjustment of material supports for quick and easy set-up
This Hitachi makes the list of the best miter saw stands due to its hybrid nature of offering an incredibly compact design while still affording wheels for increased portability. The weight capacity is a whopping 400 pounds, and the tool-less height adjustments allow quick and easy setup. Add to those rubber feet, which allow for increased stability on polished surfaces, and this saw stand does wonders inside a home and out.
Hitachi offers a 5-year warranty.
Makita WST06 compact Folding Miter Saw Stand
- Compact and lightweight aluminum tubular design for job site portability; weighs only 33.7 lbs
- Large solid rubber wheels and side handle allow the stand with miter saw attached to be easily transported around the job site (miter saw not included)
- Material support extensions extend to 100-1/2" and support up to 500 lbs. For increased cutting efficiency
- “Tool-less” adjustable miter saw bracket levers for easier installation/adjustment/removal of saw
- Durable aluminum feed roller and adjustable material stop are engineered for efficient repetitive cuts
This Makita is another hybrid on the list of the best miter saw stands, offering a compact design while still affording wheels for increased portability. The weight capacity is 500 pounds, and the tool-less height adjustments allow quick and easy setup. Add to that rubber feet, which allow for increased stability on polished surfaces, and this saw stand does wonders inside a home and out.
Contact customer service for warranty information
Milwaukee 48-08-0550 Miter Saw Stand
This last item on the list of the best miter saw stands is by Milwaukee, a brand known for quality. This portable stand supports up to 500 pounds and extends to an impressive 100 inches to support even the biggest workpieces. The leveling adjustments make it easy to find just the right balance no matter the surface.
Contact customer service for warranty information.
Image source: unsplash
For the money, the Bosch Portable Gravity-Rise Wheeled Miter Saw Stand T4B is the best miter saw stand on the market. It holds any saw you'd like, and it is the strongest stand that we encountered. Their patented Gravity Rise System makes set up of even the heaviest saws a breeze, which is handy, considering the stand itself weighs nearly 100 pounds. It is foldable and storable, and the quality of the material is top-notch.
If the Bosch is too heavy or costly, but you like that level of portability, the Toughbuilt TB-S600 10' Gravity Miter Saw Stand is our runner up. Not only is it cheaper and lighter, it also comes with a limited lifetime warranty, and that's something you really can't beat. From our experience and all of the user reviews, this is an excellent alternative to the Bosch, and we recommend it, too, as one of the best miter saw stands on the market today.